For the Record

I just wanted to document some of the things I've made since I have the pictures, but no longer have the items.  I guess as a record of where I've been creatively - to document my progress and growth.

I made this spiderweb quilt in 2004.  That would be 5 years after I started quilting - it was maybe my 4th or 5th quilt.  At the time, I was very much into the blue/yellow colorway.  The batting was a vintage wool batting that my mom got at an auction.  I hand quilted it.  It hung around waiting for the right baby to come along, but I have a crafty family, so all my babies were over-gifted with blankets.  I recently sold it on Etsy.



These were all different designs of bibs I made and sold in my Etsy Shop between 2008 and 2009.  They're all raw-edge applique.  I've since switched over to a type of turned-edge applique, but I still like these.  Especially the artist's palette.  That cow is cute, but I've moved away from that style lately in my designs.

Comments

Popular Posts