Scrappy Strips - A finished Quilt


The scraps are never ending, so making a scrap-buster quilt is always on the to do list.  The blue seems to always be the basket that overflows, so when I finally had the time for a scrap quilt, I knew it was going to be a blue one.  I had recently seen Rita's Worn and Washed Strip Quilt over on Red Pepper Quilts and I knew I wanted to make something similar to bust some scraps.  The improvised, random piecing was just what I needed after being a bit overloaded with commissioned quilt orders.  I'm thankful for the work, but making the same quilt repeatedly does get old.


 I picked through the Blue Scrap basket  until I had a nice pile of navy and turquoise.  At the last minute, I decided to throw in a few bits of magenta for contrast.  This quilt has fabrics of all ages.  There are some genuine vintage 1950's bits all the way up to current organic prints from my Etsy Shop.


 The finished quilt is throw size at 53" x 73".  It is for sale in my Etsy Shop.

 I machine quilted it in a wavy parallel line pattern in keeping with the random block pattern.


 The backing fabric is Cloud 9 Cosmic Convoy Gamma Ray which has become a favorite for backings and bindings.  The binding is a scrappy mix of Gamma Ray and Cloud 9 Moody Blues Dots.

Comments

Popular Posts