Upcycled Picnic Blanket



I try to utilize my network of friends and acquaintances whenever possible to get things accomplished on the cheap while still providing mutually beneficial services.  It's good to have good people.  As a result of this, I found myself owing a certain graphic-designer friend of mine a quilt (for that little bit of goodness up there ^^^^ among several other things).

"I'd like something sturdy for sitting on the ground.  Something that can take some wear," he said.  My first thought was reusing denim, my second thought was reusing an ugly blanket for the batting.  My third thought was GOODWILL!!!!!

And so this happened. The batting in this blanket is FIERCE!



And these. (I later decided not to use the khaki). 


And then this.


And finally, this.



And the graphic designer loved the quilt, and all was right with the world.

The End.








Comments

  1. LOOOOOOVE it! SO good. It reminds me of those gorgeous mended indigo/denim Japanese wall hangings. They have a fancy name I can't remember : ) That fabric is perfect for the backing. So glad it went to a good project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts